Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have to brag

This goes along with the Skim Jam Post. Not only did I get the chance to go home two weeks ago, but I also brought my boyfriend Grant.

This was his first time to see where I grew up and what all I was up to while growing up in Cypress. I do have to tell you guys I grew up in the best neighborhood...but that's a different post.

I told Grant about the Skim Jam and he was totally up to see what that was all about. He asked if he could use another one of my cameras to take pictures and I just smiled SO big and told him, "Heck ya!".

SIDE NOTE: We have been meaning to go out and just do some trouble shooting but just never have got around to it till the Skim Jam.

I kid you not, I gave Grant a quick tutorial on focusing and metering/exposure and told him about some important buttons on the camera and that was that. I'm talking like a 2 minute talk. He was so anxious to start shooting.

It was such a blast being out at the Beoch (that's the name we gave the creek because it looked like the beach) with Grant and watching him shoot. It also was very refreshing/encouraging to see someone just go after they wanted.

I'm so excited/honored to be blogging Grant's images!

But wait! It gets better! We got back to my place and started the long process of uploading over 1,000 RAW images. Grant got the brilliant/fun idea to make a logo. I wish I would have saved his drawings. His ideas were great! Once he got what he wanted we splashed it on each image.

So, here are not only his wonderful, full manual shot images...but his wonderful logo/watermark.

I'm so proud and excited for him!

Oh and P.S.- I really want to win this contest!I want to win the Get It Together Kit & a seat to Love Affair Workshop. GO read the details and register! http://www.loveaffairworkshop.com

Linda

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Site Meter å