Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Very First Camera

This is indeed my very first camera. My dad made this for me when I was little. I guess I was the annoying daughter that always wanted to play with my parents REAL camera.

This camera doesn't take film and it sure doesn't take digital images. But what this camera did and still does is open my mind to pure imagination.  I'm forever greatful my Dad made this for me.

This camera is made out of different pieces from my dads tool box (I wouldn't say "box"...because my dad's tools took up half of our garage, but box just worked for the blog post).  The top left is the shutter release. In the center is the view finder and right below that is the "film" winder, fully functional I might add, and on the far right is the flash.

This camera sits on top of my fireplace mantel as a reminder that my passion is real, and I'm totally in love with the thought of taking pictures. I don't know what I would do with out my cameras: film, digital or even this little wooden one.

Photograph Your World!

Linda


Photobucket

3 comments:

Carol McCowen Photography July 29, 2010 at 3:00 PM  

I bet it was a 110

JSchilberg August 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

Brought tears to my eyes. Real ones.

Ryan Chidester October 20, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

zombieland rule #32: ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS

Post a Comment